The short version: I’m almost always (check the list below) looking for ISE/Civil Engineering/CS/Math/Stat students (undergrad, masters, phd, postdoc) with an interest in sustainability, resilience, environmental justice and trying to make the world a better place. If this sounds like you, please read on below and see if we might be a good fit!
Am I taking on new students?
- Undergrads (Informal): Yes (Updated 01/27/2023)
- Undergrads (Formal, independent study): No (Updated 01/27/2023)
- Master’s Students (Un-funded project/independent study): No (Updated 01/27/2023)
- Master’s Students (Funded, as an Advisee): No (Updated 01/27/2023)
- Ph.D. Students (Funded as an Advisee): Yes (Updated 01/27/2023)
- Postdocs (Funded as an Advisee): No (Updated 01/27/2023)
- Postdocs (With their own funding): Yes (Updated 01/27/2023)
If you’re on this page because you’re considering graduate school or research, congratulations! I think both academia and research are some of the best things I’ve ever done. If my job ended today I would consider being a graduate student/postdoc/professor to be the great honor of my life and if you’re looking at this page maybe that’s you too?
…at the same time research can be a sometimes nonsensical job. My aim with this page is to help you understand what comes with the choice to do research so you can make an informed decision as to whether research is right for you and (hopefully) whether research in our group is right for you!
I’ve divided this document up based on where you are in your academic path.
Full thoughts coming soon. Right now (fall22/spring23) I don’t have postdoc funding readily available. If my area sounds interesting and there are funding sources we could apply for together please feel free to reach out!
Again, full thoughts coming soon. I am taking on Ph.D. students in the near future. Send me an email to schedule a time to chat with your research interests!
Limited opportunities presently for independent research but there’s likely some existing projects in the spring you can contribute to.